Welcome to Marian!
After more than 30 years as a corporate executive, I am so honored to be back at Marian and serving as its president. As a Marian alumna, sister and parent of alumnae, I am deeply committed to Marian’s mission to provide a Catholic college preparatory education for young women, to empower students to discover and develop their talents, and to inspire them to lead and serve as women of faith and compassion.
Marian lives its mission in so many ways. Marian is academically rigorous – preparing you for academic success in college and beyond. At Marian, you’ll have daily opportunities to develop and explore your faith. You’ll also discover your strengths and skills – whether your interests are in art, music, journalism, theater, service, athletics, student government or in any of the more than 50 clubs and activities – there is something for you!
Marian empowers girls to succeed as confident, independent, thinking leaders inspired by faith. Founded by the Servants of Mary, Marian is a Catholic, all-girls college preparatory school with three U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools awards. Marian welcomes students of all cultural, economic and spiritual backgrounds.
How does Marian empower young women to succeed as confident, independent, thinking leaders inspired by faith?
Marian offers the optimal experience for young women to discover themselves and develop their full potential. We develop the whole person – spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially – by offering:
- A Catholic, values-based foundation. We share our campus with our founders, the Servants of Mary, who along with our faculty model Marian’s core values of Devotion to Mary, the mother of God, compassionate leadership, and service to others. We follow the theology curriculum of the Archdiocese of Omaha and instill and practice Catholic Social Teaching as defined by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.To learn more about Catholic education, please visit lovemyschool.com and find out how we “Awaken Greatness.”
- A rigorous college preparatory education. Marian offers a comprehensive college prep curriculum that includes 44 honors courses, 18 advanced placement courses and 20 dual enrollment courses; a competent, professional and caring faculty who know how to teach young women; and the best facilities, materials, educational tools and support system.
- An all-girls, nurturing, safe and spirited environment. Marian has created a comfortable, welcoming, inclusive and family atmosphere where every girl can thrive. Marian is a safe place for a girl to be herself and discover who she is.
- The right size. As Nebraska’s only Class A girls’ high school, Marian provides the opportunities of a large high school in a smaller high school setting. With an enrollment of 650, Marian has what researchers identify as an optimum enrollment size (600-900), providing stronger student achievement, higher participation among students and a richer curriculum.
- Robust extracurricular opportunities. Marian offers something for everyone. With more than 50 clubs and activities and 24 athletic teams in 11 Class A state-sanctioned sports, a Marian girl has endless opportunities to develop her leadership potential, become part of a group, discover who she is, and experience new and diverse opportunities.
- A supportive, lifelong community. Marian has a close-knit community of more than 9,500 graduates whose lifelong friendships and support for the school continue to strengthen over the generations. Marian creates a sisterhood of camaraderie and traditions that lasts a life time.
- Leadership development opportunities. Marian gives each girl her voice and a sense of purpose. We teach our students to be self-motivated – to think for themselves and debate, challenge and explore new ideas. Leadership opportunities abound so students can learn by doing.
- Facilities. Marian boasts an impressive facility,which includes: A 40-acre, beautifully landscaped campus, a dedicated academic center in the heart of our building, a sprawling 20,000 square foot performing arts center, a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) classroom, journalism labs, art studios and kilns, fitness center, chemistry and physics labs, regulation soccer and softball fields, a practice soccer field, tennis courts and a track.
To ease the burden of tuition for our families, Marian provides tuition assistance totaling $1.9 million to more than half of the student body.
To experience the spirit of Marian, come to our beautiful campus and see for yourself. Arrange to shadow a current Marian student by contacting Sallie Delgado Peters ’00, Vice President of Enrollment Management at 402.571.2618, ext.1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, welcome to Marian!
Michele Romero Ernst ’81 | President
Marian | 7400 Military Avenue |Omaha, NE 68134