Welcome to Marian!
Something special is happening at Marian and we want you to be part of it!
As a Marian alumna, mother of a 2007 alumna and someone who has spent many years as a university administrator, I am very excited to be back at Marian as president.
Marian has SO much to offer. It is a fun and happy place where you will get connected to lifelong friends. Marian is academically rigorous – preparing you for college as well as professional and graduate school in ways you cannot even imagine. Marian helps you discover your strengths and develop your leadership skills. Whether your extracurricular interests are in art, music, journalism, theater, service, athletics, student government or in any of the more than 50 clubs and activities – there is something for you!
Marian empowers girls to succeed as confident, independent, thinking leaders inspired by faith. Founded by the Servants of Mary, Marian is a Catholic, all-girls college preparatory school with three U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools awards. Marian welcomes students of all cultural, economic and spiritual backgrounds.
How does Marian empower young women to succeed as confident, independent, thinking leaders inspired by faith?
We believe that to be an empowered, successful woman and leader, you must first know yourself. Therefore, Marian offers the most opportunities in the Omaha area for young women to discover themselves and develop their full potential. We develop the whole person – intellectually, spiritually, physically, emotionally and socially – every day by offering:
- A Catholic, values-based foundation. Devotion to Mary, the mother of God, compassionate leadership and service to others are among the core values at Marian. Because Marian is the living extension of our sponsors, the Servants of Mary, Marian girls become spiritually-grounded women of character. To learn more about Catholic education, please visit lovemyschool.com and find out how we “Awaken Greatness.”
- A rigorous, outstanding college preparatory education. Marian offers a comprehensive college prep curriculum that includes 45 honors courses, 15 advanced placement courses and 16 dual enrollment courses with two universities; a competent, professional and caring faculty who know how to teach young women; and the best facilities, materials, educational tools and support system.
- An all-girls, nurturing, safe and spirited environment. Marian has created a comfortable, welcoming, inclusive and family atmosphere where every girl can thrive. Marian is a safe place for a girl to be herself and discover who she is. To our students, Marian is home, the place they love and where they want to be. You feel the energy from the moment you walk in the school and you see it in our students, faculty, staff, parents and alumnae.
- The right size. As Nebraska’s only Class A girls’ high school, Marian provides the opportunities of a large high school in a smaller high school setting. With an average enrollment of 700, Marian has what researchers identify as an optimum enrollment size (600-900), providing stronger student achievement, higher participation among students and a richer curriculum.
- The most extracurricular opportunities. Marian offers something for everyone. With more than 50 clubs and activities and 23 athletic teams in 10 Class A state-sanctioned sports, a Marian girl has endless opportunities to develop her leadership potential, become part of a group, discover who she is, and experience new and diverse opportunities.
- A supportive, lifelong community. Marian has a close-knit community of more than 9,500 graduates whose lifelong friendships and support for the school continue to strengthen over the generations. Marian is a true sisterhood of camaraderie and traditions that lasts a life time – once a Marian girl, always a Marian girl.
- Leadership development opportunities. Marian gives each girl her voice and a sense of purpose. We teach our students to be self-motivated – to think for themselves and debate, challenge and explore new ideas. Leadership opportunities abound so students can learn by doing.
- Facilities. Marian boasts an impressive facility, including the following features: A 40-acre, beautifully landscaped campus, a sprawling 20,000 square foot performing arts center, a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) classroom, journalism labs, art studios and kilns, fitness center, chemistry and physics labs, regulation soccer and softball fields, a practice soccer field, tennis courts and a track.
To ease the burden of tuition for our families, Marian provides tuition assistance totaling $1.8 million to nearly half of the student body.
To experience the spirit of Marian, come to our beautiful campus and see for yourself. Arrange to shadow a current Marian student by contacting Sallie Delgado Peters ’00, our Vice President of Enrollment Management at 402.571.2618, ext.1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, welcome to Marian!
Mary Higgins ’69, President
7400 Military Avenue
Omaha, NE 68134