At Marian, you have a choice in where you purchase your books. We do not have an onsite bookstore or contract exclusively with one vendor. Your buying options include buying directly from the publisher and ordering from Amazon or other textbook websites.
Listed below is information about book buying and a list of required textbooks for each course.
Very Important – Please read before purchasing any items.
Freshmen – Please wait to purchase any digital items until you have been given your Marian issued iPad. You will be given in-class instructions on how to purchase and access any codes on the first day of class.
Sophomores – You may purchase digital items and download them to your current Marian iPad.
Juniors – Please wait to purchase any digital items until you have been given your new Marian issued iPad.
Seniors – You may purchase digital items and download them to your current Marian iPad.
Steps to purchase books for the upcoming school year:
- Review your daughter’s updated class schedule that you received in your July mailing. If you did not receive a letter or are having problems logging into PowerSchool, please email email@example.com.
- Each course requires different types of materials and they generally fall into one of the categories listed below:
- Marian has purchased some e-textbooks, apps and certain course materials, allowing for significant savings for your family. Your daughter will receive these items during the first week of class. The cost is on the course page and this amount will be billed to your FACTS account. The business office will withdraw these costs from your account late September. An email reminder about the price and withdrawal date will be sent to you two weeks prior.
- Several courses will directly link to the publisher’s website for you to purchase classroom books from the publisher.
- Several course books/materials you will need to purchase on your own. Use the ISBN listed for each book to locate it using Amazon, Half Price Books, Barnes and Noble, Chegg or any marketplace bookstore. Please make sure you are purchasing the correct version (paperback or digital) for your class. Another resource is the Facebook page “Marian Moms Textbook Buy/Sell Page.”
1. Electives: 600-699 course numbers
2. English: 100-199 course numbers
3. Fine Arts & PE: 800-913 course numbers
4. World Language: 500-599 course numbers
5. Math: 200-299 course numbers
6. Science: 400-499 course numbers
7. Social Studies: 300-399 course numbers
8. Theology: 002-005 course numbers
Not sure of your course numbers? Access the curriculum handbook here.