Athletic & Activity Information
COVID Activities Protocol
Click here to access the September 14 update of the protocols in place at Marian as determined by the METRO Conference Activities Directors based on the directive from the NSAA. The METRO Conference will follow the guidelines as determined by the Sarpy/Douglas County Health Department.
You can access important notes from Marian’s Athletic Handbook here.
Conference Home & Away Game Protocol
- Masks are required at all times by all spectators.
- Social distancing of 6′ is required at all times by all spectators.
- Each player will receive a purchasing permit to bring home to her family. Your family will be allowed to bring up to six people to each competition, depending on the capacity of the home team’s facility. You will all need to arrive together and show the permit in order to purchase tickets. The purchasing permit is not your entrance ticket. Those who have purchased Booster Club cards will get four people in for free when you display your Booster Club card. You can have four different people at contests, but you cannot “donate” any of your purchasing permit spots to another family.
- Cross country and golf will follow each host school’s guidelines for fans. Since there are not purchased tickets for those events, the policies will vary by site.
- For home volleyball games, bleachers will be marked where families can sit together with 6-foot distancing. For home softball games, there will be room in the bleachers for six families to sit, first come-first serve. Overflow families will need to bring their own chairs and sit in the marked grass areas.
- If multiple level teams play on the same night, the team and spectators who play first must leave the venue before the next game begins. If your team plays a second or third time slot, you cannot enter the venue until the prior game is completed.
- Marian will not have concessions at this time. Note that team parents are not allowed to bring food into facilities for teams. When the coaches meet with the parents, a plan will be made for food and transportation.
2020-2021 Athletic Physicals
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NSAA (Nebraska Schools Activities Association) has modified the requirements for athletic physicals for the 2020-2021 school year. In previous years, ALL students participating in any practices and/or competitions were required to have an annual physical dated after May 1. For next school year and next school year ONLY, any returning students that have a physical on file with the Marian athletic department are not required to submit a new physical. The 2019-2020 physical form will fulfill the requirement. Students who have a physical on file still need to sign and submit the consent form found below.
However, ALL new students (freshmen and transfer students) or those that did not have a physical on file last year, will be required to submit a new physical and parental consent form to the athletic department dated after May 1, 2020, before they are allowed to participate in any required tryouts, practices, or competitions.
You must complete the parental consent and signatures on the Marian form, even if you have a different form from your physician.
Below is a link with the 2020-21 Marian physical and parental consent form and a link to those students that have physicals on file with the athletic department from the 2019-2020 school year.
Please contact Head Athletic Trainer Melissa Brusnahan at 402-934-1204 with any questions.