Athletic & Activity Information
COVID Activities Protocol
Effective March 1, 2021
- All NSAA COVID policies are in effect for Marian events.
- Masks or face coverings are required at all times by spectators at Marian contests.
- Coaches and non-active participants are encouraged to wear face coverings at all times.
- No food is allowed to be consumed at activity practices or events unless approved by the athletic director.
- Team/Activity dinners are only allowed in the cafeteria. Families may bring in pre-packaged food only. Check the cafeteria out with Michelle Delisi. Coaches/moderators must be present for team dinners to make sure COVID guidelines are followed.
- Transportation – Masks are to be worn in cars and on busses at all times when commuting to school and to events. No more than two participants may ride together in a car.
- All team functions outside of practices and competitions, both parent and Marian sponsored, must be cleared through the athletic director, Rochelle Rohlfs. Team social events must be carefully planned to avoid disrupting academics and the season for the girls.
- Students must attend school in-person to participate in any “in-person” activity. Students are not to attend before school or after-school events in-person if they were not in school that day in-person.
- Disregard of the Douglas County Health Measures, NSAA guidelines, or Marian COVID protocols may result in not being allowed to participate in after-school or off-campus activities.
Click here to access COVID protocols for the spring sports season based on the directive from the NSAA.The METRO Conference will follow the guidelines as determined by the Sarpy/Douglas County Health Department.
You can access important notes from Marian’s Athletic Handbook here.
2020-2021 Athletic Physicals
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NSAA (Nebraska Schools Activities Association) has modified the requirements for athletic physicals for the 2020-2021 school year. In previous years, ALL students participating in any practices and/or competitions were required to have an annual physical dated after May 1. For next school year and next school year ONLY, any returning students that have a physical on file with the Marian athletic department are not required to submit a new physical. The 2019-2020 physical form will fulfill the requirement. Students who have a physical on file still need to sign and submit the consent form found below.
However, ALL new students (freshmen and transfer students) or those that did not have a physical on file last year, will be required to submit a new physical and parental consent form to the athletic department dated after May 1, 2020, before they are allowed to participate in any required tryouts, practices, or competitions.
You must complete the parental consent and signatures on the Marian form, even if you have a different form from your physician.
Below is a link with the 2020-21 Marian physical and parental consent form and a link to those students that have physicals on file with the athletic department from the 2019-2020 school year.
Please contact Head Athletic Trainer Melissa Brusnahan at 402-934-1204 with any questions.