1. All of our resources are available through your Canvas Marian Library Resource class. This is set up just like your classes in Canvas.
2. Module C contains a list of all logins and passwords needed to access our databases. Some logins are your Powerschool user/password. If you do not know this information, you will need to email your counselor or Mr. Deibler to get that information for you.
3. If you have any issues with Canvas and access to your library resources, remember that you can also access these tools through:
- Your old Google Classroom class
- Marian library’s main page
4. EBSCO troubleshooting
- If you try logging into EBSCO and get an error message, EBSCO is probably trying to connect to Marian’s wifi. Try one or all of the following:
- Go into your settings on iPad and erase your browser history – then restart your device and try again.
- Switch browsers – if you are using Chrome, switch to Safari, etc.
- Restart your device.
- If possible, use a different device.
- Make sure you are using the correct version of EBSCO – if you notice an icon appear that says “Nebraska Access,” leave EBSCO and re-enter until that switches to say “Marian High School.” (Nebraska Access is the free version of EBSCO and will not have the number of resources our Marian version has.)
5. The librarian, Mrs. Raabe, plans to be available to you throughout the school day.
There are already how-to videos for navigating our databases and research tips in your modules section of the Canvas Marian Library Resources class. You should know where these are, as it has been in place for a few years and Mrs. Raabe has met with almost all of you in one or more classes.
There is also an “ask-a librarian” link on our bigger database sites. Those questions come directly to Mrs. Raabe and she will answer them. Typically, students email her research questions and she directly answers them. You can email your questions as well – email@example.com. If she receives the same question more than once, she will post the answer in Canvas. Please look through the announcement page to see if Mrs. Raabe has answered your question already.
For students who are dual enrolled, we have all the login info and direct links to the university library tools. Those librarians are available online to students. Mrs. Raabe does not have your login information – you need to contact your dual enrollment teacher for this.
Book Checkout Information
If you have borrowed library books, the due date has been extended. If you receive a notice that your book/material is due, please disregard. Return information will come at a later date.
If you would like to borrow books during this time, you can use :
- eBook resources – Don’t forget that we have thousands of eBooks/audiobooks available through SORA.
- Download the SORA app (free)
- Login info is in module C in Canvas Marian Library page. Email Mrs. Raabe if you have any issues.