A Message from the coaches:
Hello! For those of you who do not know us, we are Chelsea and Katie, the Marian Dance Team coaches. We are so excited for the upcoming season, and cannot wait to meet new members and reconnect with returning members! A mandatory info meeting will be held on Monday March 21st at 6:00 PM where we will review the season and obligations more in depth.
Please read through the following information thoroughly and carefully so you don’t miss any details. If you have any questions, you can email either of us. Can’t wait to get started on this season, good luck!
- Meeting 3/21/22 at 6:00 PM
- Clinic 4/4/22 – 4/6/22 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Interview and Mock Tryout 4/7/22 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Tryouts 4/8/22 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
What needs to be submitted:
1. Dancer Info Sheet by Monday March 21st at 5:00 PM (Google Form) https://forms.gle/
2. Physical dated after 5/1/21 (Emailed or submitted to Melissa email@example.com)
3. Parental Consent (Sent by Marian)
4. $25 Tryout Fee (Cash or Check made payable to Marian High School)
Auditions will consist of the following:
- Submitted Dancer Information Sheet – Google Form https://forms.gle/sgjrM1n3pQP3icoBA (Due 3/21/22)
- Attendance Points
- Interview Points
- Final Tryout will require: Pom Routine – This will be taught on Monday, reviewed Tuesday & Wednesday, Jazz Routine – This will be taught Tuesday, reviewed Wednesday, Mock Tryouts & Interviews will be Thursday, and Technique – This will be listed out on Monday and will be reviewed throughout the week. We will give specifics on exactly what we are looking for.
All applicants will receive an individual email accepting or denying their placement on the team for the upcoming season. There will be a mandatory parent/dancer meeting following tryouts. Details about this meeting will be sent out to members selected. If you have a prior commitment please be sure to contact your coaches as this meeting will require the presence of the dancer and a parent/guardian. In addition to what needs to be submitted before trying out, dancers need to be up to date on the following by 3/21/22 in order to be accepted onto the team:
1. Enrolled at Marian High School
2. All School Fees Paid
3. Up to date on dance balance (returning members)
Congratulations to our 2022 National Semi-Finalists!
All members of Marian Dance Team are expected to portray a positive attitude, excellence in academics, leadership ability and enthusiasm toward all school related events and activities. These members are first and foremost representatives of their school and because of these responsibilities, members will be expected to maintain a higher standard of behavior, both on and off campus.
Marian Dance Team Members will set good examples and demonstrate high moral standards including respect for the school and other members of the squad, coaches, and athletic director at all times.