2020 Graduation Information
Please read all of this information. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Delisi at email@example.com or 402-934-1224. We are so excited to celebrate the Class of 2020! We have many restrictions and protocols due to COVID-19 that we must follow.
Tickets and Preferential Seating
Each graduate will receive a total of eight tickets (4 in the lower bowl and 4 in the upper bowl). The arena will be set up for social distancing protocol. Admission to the commencement exercises is by ticket only. If you need extra tickets, you will need to sign up on the google doc Ms. Piernicky sent out a while ago. Know that if you do get tickets from fellow classmates, they may or may not be seated by the rest of your family. They will also be sitting with other classmates families. Everyone attending graduation is required to wear a mask.
Bags and purses are highly discouraged for families and guests attending.
If you need preferential seating, please email Mrs. Delisi immediately! She needs to know if your guest(s) are in a wheelchair, need an aisle seat, or need the least amount of steps. These seats are included in your set of eight tickets. If you have already contacted her prior to this information, she needs an email confirmation that you still need preferential seating. If she does not hear from you by July 6, she will assume you do not need them.
Graduation Tickets, Tassels and Uniform Donations Pick-Up
Monday, July 13: 1 – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, July 14: 9 a.m. – noon
- Park in the PAC parking lot
- Enter at PAC lobby doors
- Wear a mask
- Bring uniforms to donate if you haven’t already
If you cannot make either of these dates, you may pick them up at the main office after July 14. Office hours are: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – noon.
Saturday, July 18, 10 a.m., Baxter Arena
Find a map for parking here.
- EVERYONE is required to wear a mask; graduates and guests. Graduates will remove their mask as they process to receive their diploma.
- Do not bring anything inside with you besides your keys. Please leave phones, purses, etc. in your car.
- Please arrive in your cap and gown no later than 9:15 a.m. There will be faculty and Baxter ambassadors directing you where to go. Make sure your hat is secured with bobby pins. The point of the cap is to be in the middle of your eyebrows. It will feel strange, but that’s where it belongs. Your tassel goes on the left.
- When you arrive at the ice arena, please find your seat and sit down IMMEDIATELY. There will be no time for photos with friends. You will need to take photos before July 18 with your friends.
- You will be given your flower to carry. The flower goes over your left arm. Carry it like you are holding a precious little baby ☺
- We will quickly run through the ceremony with you before the procession begins. There will be faculty members helping you get through the ceremony. It is extremely important you listen as we are giving you the details.
- The ceremony will last approximately an hour. As soon as you move your tassels, the ceremony is over. Per the Nebraska Department of Health, you MUST leave the arena IMMEDIATELY, head to your car and leave. If you have to bring in your keys, we will have bags for you to put them in. The faculty will have them waiting for you outside as you exit.
- We ask all families and guests to remain seated until all the graduates have processed out. Once they have left the arena, we ask that you leave the arena immediately.
- All photos with family must must be taken prior to you arriving at Baxter or somewhere off Baxter Arena’s campus.
- Graduation programs will be placed on your ceremony chairs. Please take those with you when you exit after the ceremony.
- Graduation will be live-streamed. The webcast link to circulate to family and friends is: mrvideoonline.com. Information will be on their front page the day before graduation.
- Journalism students and Marian staff will be attempting to photograph every student. The photos will be available after graduation at bit.ly/MarianGrad20. Parents and students may save and download the photos from this site and print them at their own expense.