Marian offers all students a highly academic, college-preparatory course of studies. The Student Services Department facilitates course selection consistent with ability and interest, preparing young women for future opportunities beyond the walls of Marian.
Marian’s Educational/Academic Preparation Program:
- Provides individual and small group educational planning
- Organizes freshman study skills sessions
- Develops a four-year plan of study
- Monitors academic progress
- Coordinates registration process
- Facilitates peer-tutoring program
- Facilitates testing program
- 6th & 7th grade test
- 8th grade placement exam
- ACT and SAT
- Advanced Placement tests
- Reports and interprets test results
- Conducts ACT preparation classes
- Assesses alumnae information
- Facilitates Marian’s dual enrollment program
Learning Services Information
Important Documents for Parents and Students:
- Organizes support groups
- Assists with adjusting to high school
- Provides individual and group counseling
- Sponsors IDEAS – Increasing Diversity and Equality Among Students – a multi-cultural student group
- Coordinates life skills education through seminars
- Coordinates life skills across the curriculum
- Facilitates crisis and emergency intervention
- Provides response counseling for everyday needs
- Divorce Group: for students who are coping with the dynamics of divorce.
- Grief Group: for those students who have experienced a loss of someone close to them.
- Drug/Alcohol Group: For those students whose lives have been or are impacted by another person’s abuse of drugs/alcohol.
*Contact your daughter’s counselor for more information.
- Assists with searching for and applying to colleges
- Administers and interprets interest inventories and career search programs
- Organizes career information
- Coordinates Senior Job Shadowing Program
- Facilitates parent meetings
- Informational Parent Evenings
- Junior Parent College Night
- Senior Parent College Night
- Guest speaker programs for the community
- Coordinates college fairs and admission counselor visits
- Operates a student-focused College Center
- Posts scholarship and open house opportunities
- Offers a variety of resources for college planning on Marian’s website
- Posts information on educational forums, travel abroad programs and other leadership events
Naviance Student is a tool that offers career exploration, college research and helpful ways to manage college applications. Students can use the link to access their personal folders under “Family Connection.”
Student Services Department
- Jennifer Christen is the Assistant Principal.
- Kathy DeBoer will work with the students whose last names begin with (A-G).
- Anna Sparwasser will work with students whose last names begin with (H-N).
- Joanne Fisher will work with students whose last names begin with (O-Z).
- Priscilla Trecek is the Learning Services Coordinator.
- Mary Steiner is the Assistant Director of Student Services.
*All services are provided in confidence, in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, consistent with ethical and professional guidelines.